Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Tomato Pie

With summer approaching I figured I better post this recipe quick. I am not a tomato eater and I love this pie! It is sort like a chunky pizza. This is another recipe from Jerrie, my M-I-L. We love to serve it with burgers, but it is really a meal in itself. Add it to your must try recipes for the summer!

Tomato Pie

Ingredients:
1 unbaked pie crust
1 1/2 c shredded mozzarella
4 0r 5 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 t garlic
1 c loosely packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/4 c grated parmesean

Directions:
1. Place pie crust in a 9 in pie plate. Bake according to package directions
2. Remove pie crust from oven and sprinkle with 1/2 c mozzarella then cool
3. Meanwhile, drain tomato wedges on paper towels
4. When crust is cool, arrange tomato on top of melted mozzarella
5. Sprinkle with garlic and basil
6. Combine 1 c mozzarella, mayonnaise, and parmesan
7. Spread on top
8. Bake at 375 for 35-40 min

**I tried to post a picture but the program is automatically rotating it. The picture really does the recipe justice so I will keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment