Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Strawberry Pie


Strawberries were on sale at the grocery store this past week so I went crazy and bought 3 containers. Since I am such a nice person, I decided this time I could share with Kris (I think I ate every single strawberry when I bought them a week before). He mentioned that he would like the pie his mom always makes, so I got the recipe and whipped it up. This is a super easy pie and I guess it could be adapted to any fruit you like.

Strawberry Pie

Ingredients:
80z cream cheese, softened
1/2 c sugar
1/2 T almond extract
1 c cream, whipped
Strawberries - washed and hulled
Chocolate chips - handful
1 crust - oreo, graham cracker, etc

Directions:
1. Whip cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract together
2. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form (aka whipped cream)
3. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture
4. Spoon mixture into crust - we always use oreo
5. Top with strawberries
6. Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle on top
7. Keep refrigerated

Variations:
I used vanilla extract because I didn't have almond
I used cool whip instead of whipping cream

Kris' review - didn't taste exactly like his mom's but close enough. :) It must have been good because he dived right in before I could take a picture.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen a strawberry pie like this I don't like the kind of strawberry pie that most make. It looks like something I would like. I think I would use vanilla instead of the almond extract too With stawberries, chocolate, cream and sugar it has to be good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strawberries always go so well with a schweet cream cheese mixture...this looks scrumptious! About the Sheila's Dream Bars, mine did not taste exactly like potbelly's and this is probably because I used the Dulce de leche. Hopefully yours didn't turn out too bad, I'm not sure what might have gone wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete