Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Congo Bars


Today is Administrative Professionals day so I thought I would bring in a treat to the office. I quizzed everyone yesterday on what they would like. I decided to make congo bars/blondies mainly because I had all the ingredients.

Every time I make these I forget how good they are. My mom would often send me back to college with a batch and they would be gone before the drive was over! This is one of those recipes that you may add different ingredients to tweak it for your particular cravings. I typically stick to just chocolate chips, but I'm sure there are some nut lovers out there.

Congo Bars

Ingredients
1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine
1 box light brown sugar (2 cups packed)
3 eggs
2 cups flour
2 t baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 t vanilla
Chocolate chips (or whatever else you may like)

Directions
Preheat oven to 325
1. In a large mixing bowl, melt butter and brown sugar together in microwave
2. Add eggs, mixing well
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt; add vanilla last
4. Pour into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top (you can mix them into the batter, but we like it best on top)
6. Bake for 25 min - be careful not to overbake so that you don't mess up the gooeyness. If you like them firmer though, bake a little longer

No comments:

Post a Comment