Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

White Chicken

This recipe is another one from my mother-in-law Jerrie. It is one of her favorite dishes and now one of mine as well. After baking for an hour and a half, the chicken is pull apart tender and coupled with a delicious sour cream sauce. With sour cream ranking as my #1 favorite condiment, I typically double the sauce so there is extra to go around.

White Chicken

Ingredients:
8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Flour
Salt
Pepper
1 cup sour cream* (works well with light sour cream and that is what I use)
1/2 c dry white wine*
*I double for this recipe

Directions:
1. Mix flour, salt, and pepper and toss with chicken breasts to coat.
2. Brown chicken on each side in oil or butter in a skillet and place in baking dish.
3. Drain fat from pan, and then add sour cream and white wine. Simmer for a few minutes.
4. Pour sauce over chicken and cover dish with foil.
5. Bake at 350 for an hour and a half. Uncover the dish for a few minutes before removing from oven.

As you can see I have way more than 8 chicken breasts, but it is because we usually cut them in half to freeze and I like to make extra for leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment